The Vienna Experts Club International (VECI) is an initiative of the Vienna Tourist Board, the official destination marketing agency for Vienna. It was set up to support the sales and marketing activities of international travel agents and tour operators, airlines, transport companies and online travel portals offering trips to Vienna.
Membership is free of charge. As a Vienna Expert Club International member we expect you to be involved in promoting Vienna as a tourist destination. You will receive our regular club newsletter and we look forward to your visits to our club website.
Claiming your club offers – Your visit to Vienna
For the duration of your stay you and your accompanying person will receive
- Your free Vienna City Card with Wiener Linien/public transport in Vienna (red card) as well as
- your Club Card and the coupon booklet,
to take advantage of all the special offers available to club members for culture, sightseeing, transport, shopping and culinary highlights. Your VECI benefits at a glance
- As a member you can take advantage of all Club benefits a maximum of three times in a calendar year.
- There must be a period of at least 14 days between each visit.
- The special offers will only be made available to preregistered and activated members.
- Your Club Card is effective for 7 days and the Vienna City Card for 24, 48 or 72 hours after devaluation.
- An additional free Vienna Card for your travelling companion will be issued only if the intended recipient appears in person at the time of collection at the Tourist Info together with the Club member.
- For organizational reasons, Vienna Cards and your Club Card are only available for collection at the Tourist Info on Albertinaplatz and at the Tourist Info Main Station, and NOT at the airport.
Commercial taxation - Please note that travellers are liable for any taxes on services they use.
Your membership will be cancelled automatically if
- you leave the tourism industry and/or
- if you unsubscribe from the Vienna Experts Club International newsletter
Your membership is unaffected if you change job but remain in the industry. Please inform the Club office of any changes of address or job description so that we can continue to communicate with you. If we do not receive your new contact details your membership will be cancelled.
Your membership is temporarily frozen during parental leave. Please inform the Club office when you return to work so that we can reactivate your data.
The Club offers may no longer be enjoyed in all the cases noted above.